Project Coordinator / Job Captain
Millán Architect Studio is seeking to hire a highly motivated and skilled Project Coordinator / Job Captain with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience in Architecture.
We are an LA-based architecture firm that offers a creative and collaborative work environment with a growing portfolio. Engaging with and leveraging the latest environmental and sustainable systems and practices is fundamental to our design approach, and our ambition is to provide our clients with timeless, innovative, and practical solutions regardless of project scope or scale.
We are a small firm which provides the opportunity for team members to touch all aspects of a project from concept through construction. Projects include high-end single family residential and mixed-use commercial retail and residential multi-family, and hospitality in sensitive jurisdictions.
- Develop design and detailing concepts according to parameters defined by the Project Manager (PM) and/or Project Architect (PA).
- Ensure the overall design intent of the project established by the design principal is incorporated into detailed documentation.
- Assist the PM/PA in overseeing the design and detailing process from concept design through construction administration.
- Coordinate drawings and specifications with internal and external teams.
- Maintain ongoing communication to understand changes, design issues, or time/budget constraints.
- Work with contractors, external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, fabricators, regulatory agencies, and specification writers to achieve project objectives.
- Minimum 3-4 years of post-Bachelor’s degree Architecture firm experience.
- Commitment to 40 hour minimum work-week.
- Meaningful experience working with a project team and consultants from design development through construction administration.
- Experience and deep knowledge and understanding of all phases of single and multi-family residential and commercial project design from pre-design through construction administration.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail (construction details to finish details).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- LA-based with the ability to work remotely, with reliable transportation to and from job sites upon request.
- Proficiency in Graphisoft Archicad and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Knowledge of 3D modeling software (e.g. Rhino, Grasshopper, V-Ray, Lumion) and other modeling/rendering software is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivator and self-educator and be hands-on.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative creative community where working independently, managing your time well, and meeting deadlines are paramount.
- Ability to bring creative solutions to our design work and process.
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks, assignments and changing priorities efficiently.
- Ability to manage client/consultant/general contractor communication.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy.
What We Offer:
- A creative work environment with colleagues who are passionate, creative, and continuously striving to innovate.
- Remote work and flexible schedule with reasonable hours, focused on work/personal life balance.
- Professional mentorship and AXP support.
To be considered for this position, you must be a US citizen/permanent resident or be authorized to work in the United States. Eligible applicants must have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture or interior architecture/design. Hourly compensation will be commensurate with abilities and relevant experience.
Please apply by sending your cover letter, portfolio and resume to [email protected]. Limit attachment size to 10MB. Include “Project Coordinator/Job Captain” in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your application!
Back to Job List…